Text to donate / Mobile Giving
Text-to-donate is a quick and easy way to donate to Guide Dogs. 98% of your donation goes direct to Guide Dogs, but we do incur a 2% admin fee for the service from our supplier.
The standard network charge for text messages is at your network provider's rates. If you text after the campaign closes, or if the keyword or short code you text are incorrect, you may still be charged a message at your standard network rate. However you won't be charged for the donation as you won't be donating to Guide Dogs. For information about a specific campaign, please contact our Supporter Care team at email@example.com or 0800 953 0113.
You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. You must be 16 years old or over to send a text donation.
Please note that you can donate from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges.
Your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. We may contact you on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation.
Guide Dogs does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issue or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
If we raise more money in response to a specific appeal than we can reasonably spend on the appeal, we will use your donation to help provide services for those who are blind and partially sighted living in the UK.
This charitable donation service is being provided for Guide Dogs by Cymba Integrated Solutions Ltd of 110 Gloucester Avenue, London NW1 8HX.
Guide Dogs would like to contact you with updates or appeals on the mobile you used to donate. If you’d rather we didn’t, please add NOTHANKS to your text. If at a later stage you would like to opt out of future text messages or calls on this number from Guide Dogs, please contact our supporter services team using the contact details below or text the word NOTHANKS to 83310 (this will be charged at your network's standard message rate, based on your service provider rates).
If you have any queries about text-to-donate, please:
- Telephone – 0800 953 0113, Monday to Friday between 8am – 6pm (call charges apply); or
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association is a registered charity in England and Wales (209617) [and Scotland (SC038797). Our registered office address is Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, RG7 3YG.
You can support Guide Dogs by giving monthly via text message. Here is how it works:
- After you text DOGS to 70007 / PUP to 70007 / PUPPY to 70755 we'll send you a message that you need to respond to in order to activate your monthly donation.
- When you activate your subscription, your first donation of £3 or £5 will be taken immediately and you will also incur one standard network text message charge that month.
- Each month after that, you will get a free text as a reminder, the day before your monthly donation is due. If you're happy to give then you don't need to do anything and you'll be charged as usual. However you can choose to skip a month by replying SKIP within 24 hours. If you do that, we won't take the donation that month - you will just incur one standard network text message charge.
- After deduction of network/service provider costs, Guide Dogs receives at least 95% of each monthly donation as we do incur a 5% admin charge for this service. If you want to stop giving monthly altogether then you can text STOP to 70007 or 70755. We are required to remind you of this every three months.
- As a subscriber to giving monthly via text, we will not contact you with updates or appeals on the mobile you have used to donate.
- Your donation may be eligible to Gift Aid. We may contact you on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation.