Rehoming a Guide Dog
- I am over 18 years-old
- I don’t work full time and will not leave my dog alone for periods of more than four hours in any 24-hour period without human company (we prefer that our dogs stay with one owner/family and are not shared between different handlers, e.g. dog walkers)
- If I live in rented, housing association or council owned property I have, or can, obtain permission to have a dog from my landlord or agent prior to a home visit (please note that we are unable to rehome a dog without this)
- I will be responsible for all costs in relation to my dog (including food, annual vaccinations, worming and flea prevention)
- I have access to a safe enclosed area in which my dog can toilet
- I have no more than two other pet dogs
Take a look at the next steps.